People. Passion. Purpose.
At P3 Health Partners, our promise is to guide our communities to better health, unburden clinicians, align incentives and engage patients.
We are a physician-led organization relentless in our mission to overcome all obstacles by positively disrupting the business of health care, transforming it from sickness care into wellness guidance.
We are looking for a Coding Specialist. If you are passionate about your work; eager to have fun; and motivated to be part of a fast-growing organization in Las Vegas, Nevada, then you should consider joining our team.
The Coding Specialist supports the providers by ensuring documentation supports the submission of relevant ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS code information in accordance with national coding guidelines and appropriate reimbursement requirements. This person will ensure member encounter data (services and disease conditions) is being accurately documented and relevant procedural codes and diagnosis codes are captured.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certified through AAPC or AHIMA (CPC, CCS, RHIT), CRC preferred or willingness to obtain
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
- As part of the screening process, all coders must take and pass a coding test (with 90% accuracy)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Dependable, highly motivated team player with a great attitude
Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Technically savvy, self-motivated, with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Medical records (notes/charts) will be assigned to review and code electronically
Abstract and code diagnosis and documentation information, sending queries when necessary
Perform ongoing analysis of medical records for appropriate coding compliance
Research and resolution of coding projects as assigned
Responsible for daily production goal and quality goal of 95% accuracy
Provide documentation and coding training to medical providers
Attend conference calls as necessary to provide information and/or feedback
Other duties as assigned